Natural Medicine Practitioner
Judy Patterson BSc MNIMH
Qualified Medical Herbalist, Nutritional Therapist and Reflexologist
Notice of Retirement – May 2021
Following a period of serious illness in 2019 followed by the Covid shut down in 2020 I have taken stock and decided it is time to retire fully from practice. I can still make up some repeat prescriptions for existing clients while stocks last, but am no longer offering consultations of any sort. I suggest that existing clients and new enquirers follow the links below to look for qualified practitioners. Many are now willing to offer remote consultations.
National Institute of Medical Herbalists http://www.nimh.org.uk
Naturopathic Nutrition Association http://nna-uk.com
Institute of Functional Medicine http://www.ifm.org
My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this change, and thank you to all my clients for your loyalty, patience, humour, honesty, hard work and, above all, inspiration over many years. Good health and happiness to you all.
What I am doing now?
After 30 years as a Medical Herbalist and 11years as a Nutritional Therapist I now find myself going full circle back to a lifelong interest in psychology. I am fascinated by the importance of learning, and passing on, the skills of developing positive mental health. To that end I have enrolled in a 2 year online Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training Course with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield based in USA. I am not yet clear how or where I will teach, but do let me know if you are interested.
Judy Patterson is a friendly, professional therapist with over 30 years of experience as a medical herbalist, 28 years as a reflexologist and 11 years as a nutritional therapist. This combination of therapies is referred to here as Natural Medicine. Judy has an established county-wide reputation for helping clients of all ages to resolve a broad range of complex and long-standing health problems.Judy is a member of two professional bodies – the National Institute of Medical Herbalists (MNIMH). Members adhere to a strict code of ethics and confidentiality and maintain a programme of continuing professional development
In A Nutshell
A Natural Medicine consultation with Judy offers:
- A friendly, confidential health consultation focusing on you as a person
- An opportunity to explore and reflect upon your past and present lifestyle and how it may impact upon your present wellbeing. .
- A functional medicine system of diagnosis that clarifies the treatment of many complex health problems by identifying the priority biochemical imbalances leading to symptoms.
- Functional diagnostic laboratory tests if required (Laboratory charges apply)
- Personalised nutritional and lifestyle advice to address imbalances.
- A down to earth, step by step approach to positive changes of food choices.
- Professional training in Eating Psychology Coaching.
- Individually prescribed herbal medicine tinctures from a well-stocked dispensary.
- Deeply relaxing reflexology (as appropriate).
- Resources and information to promote your self care and future health
- Online natural skincare ordering catalogue (click logo below).
Weekday and Saturday consultations by appointment
Ring 01467 624572 for further information or to book an appointment.
(click on NYR logo above)
Why natural skin care products? Much of what we put onto our skin is absorbed into our bloodstream. Many mainstream cosmetic ingredients, such as parabens, are now thought to have questionable health effects. Neal’s Yard Organics offers high quality parabens-free natural toiletries for all the family.